Sales by auction : how it works ?
STEP 1 - CREATE YOUR USER ACCOUNT
Click the "Registration" tab at the top of the page.
Fill in the information requested and validate.
A message will confirm your registration request and your file will then be pending validation. A similar message will also be sent to the email address you specified.
- We recommend registering with an email address that you often use. We will send you important messages to this address, such as requests to confirm your identity, notifications when a bid higher than one of your bids is received, when you win a lot, etc.
- We also recommend registering a password that is both complex – to avoid being hacked, and simple – so you don't forget it.
Our team will validate your registration file after verification. We will send you an email confirming the creation of your account.
- Additional information may be requested (identity or banking documents). If you do not respond within one week, your registration will be declined.
- Your account will be validated during our office opening times: Monday to Friday 09:30 - 13:00, and 14:00 - 18:00. Any account registered outside of these times will be validated when our office is next open.
Click the "Login" tab at the top of the page.
Enter your email address and password.
A user authentication message will appear. You can now go to step 2.
STEP 2 - YOUR BIDS
You can bid on your chosen lots in two ways:
- On an auction that appears on the page showing all lots: Below each lot, you can click on the "Bid" tab and enter your chosen bid amount.
- On the specific page of a lot: On the right-hand side of the page, click on the "Bid" tab and enter your chosen bid amount.
After clicking "Bid", enter your chosen bid amount in the relevant field. Click on the "Bid" tab again, and a confirmation message will appear showing a summary of your bid. If the information is correct, click "Confirm".
- Except in special cases, a sales fee of 22% applies. Your bid will still have taxes excluded. The amount of all taxes included is displayed below your bid.
- Your bid must always be equal to or greater than the reserve price that the system will accept. If another bid has already been submitted, your bid must be at least €1 higher to be accepted.
- Your bid must be entered as numbers and not spelled out. The amount is automatically entered in Euros; you do not have to specify this.
- Once the bid summary message has been confirmed, it is NOT POSSIBLE for the bidder to retract their bid.
Once you have submitted your bid, the site will factor in any other bids submitted for the lot. Your bid is the maximum amount you are willing to pay.
Several results are available to you, based on the bids submitted.
- If no other bids are submitted: You become the highest bidder, even if you enter an amount higher than the reserve price. For example: A ring is on offer for €500 and no bids have been submitted. Antoine is willing to bid up to €1,000 and enters this amount. He then becomes the highest bidder by up to €500. Antoine's bid will only increase if another user bids against him.
- If another bid is submitted: You must submit a counterbid in response to the other bid submitted. Initially, you will not know your opponent's maximum bid. You will only determine this when you exceed your opponent's bid by €1.
For example: Just like the first example, a bid of €1,000 has been submitted for a ring with a reserve price of €500. Martine sees the current price at €500 but does not know the maximum of €1,000 submitted by Antoine. She decides to offer €600. The bidding contest results in €601 in Antoine's favour. Martine must offer more than €1,001, in order to exceed Antoine's bid.
- Remarks: If two similar bids are submitted for the same item, the site favours the oldest bid to decide between by adding €1 more.
For example: Antoine has offered €1,000. If Martine had offered the same amount, the result would have been €1,001 in Antoine's favour.
Two messages will appear on any lots you have submitted a bid for:
- "You are the highest bidder": When you have placed the highest bid.
- "You are no longer the highest bidder": When someone places a bid higher than yours.
STEP 3 - AFTER THE AUCTION
Except in special cases, our auctions end at 20:00.
For your convenience, you can submit a bid several days before an auction or in the last few minutes. Any bid submitted in the last few seconds will restart the auction timer by adding thirty seconds; this is to allow the initial bidder to be able to respond if they so wish.
To verify that you have won the lots you were interested in, wait until the auction timer expires, making sure that you are always the highest bidder.
Then click on "My lots won" in your user account. The lots you have won are shown with the prices excluding taxes and including all taxes
Payment cannot be made immediately after you win a lot at 20:00. In accordance with the law, our office must draw up a report for the auction, which can only be done the day after the auction in the morning. Our accounting team will issue you a sales invoice – or bill of sale, which will state the amount excluding taxes and including all taxes.
You will then have two options to pay it:
- Pay on site at our office from the day after the auction has finished. Your bill of sale will be given to you on site, which you can pay there and then.
- Pay remotely once you have received your sales invoice/bill of sale by email or in the post.
Depending on the option chosen, you can use one of the following payment methods:
- Online payment within the legal limits via http://www.aguttes.com/paiement/index.jsp: €1,500.
- Payment in cash within the legal limits: €1,000 for French nationals, and €10,000 for individuals whose tax domicile is outside France.
- Payment by bank transfer of the exact amount stated on the invoice; bank charges shall not be borne by our office.
Banque de Neuflize, 3 avenue Hoche, Paris 75008
Account holder: Claude AGUTTES SAS
Bank Code 30788 – Sort Code 00900
Account no. 02058690002 – Control key (RIB) 23
IBAN FR76 3078 8009 0002 0586 9000 223 –
- Payment by cheque (However, the lot will be delivered after 20 days. Therefore, we suggest that you use one of the previous payment methods).
Your lot can only be delivered once it has been paid for
Two options are available for receiving your lot:
Delivered on site: You can pick up your lot at its storage location: either Neuilly or Lyon.
Delivered by courier: Your lot can be shipped by courier. We work with the company Mail Box Etc. The following person can be contacted for any shipping enquiries:
MBE MAILBOXES FOR PARIS
contact : Mathieu Rouhaud
tel 01 84 19 39 33
MAIL BOXES ETC. FOR LYON – VILLEURBANNE
tel 04 72 04 04 60
Use the search tool at the top right to search for the lots you are interested in.
Simply click on the text field and enter your search term.
All matching results will be displayed. You can filter these results by parameters: auction type, item category, price, etc.
The schedule allows you to consult all auctions organised by the site.
Click on the "Our auctions" tab in the menu at the top of the page. Select "All our auctions".
A page will load showing the three most recent sales in each category: Current, future and past auctions. You can view all lots included in each auction by clicking the tabs at the bottom of the list.
The list of lots of an auction allows you to consult all lots included in an auction.
Click on the auction you are interested in. All lots included will load with a photo, a number, the bidding time remaining, the reserve price or current bid, the "follow" tab and the "bid" tab.
The lot page allows you to consult all information available for a lot.
Click on a lot from the auction page. This displays the main picture and other images, a precise description, an estimation, the reserve price or current bid. You can also view the general conditions of sale, which include information on payment and delivery methods.
YOUR USER ACCOUNT
By logging in with your email address and password, in addition to your ability to bid, you can also access the different features of your user account.
You can select one or more lots you are interested in, which will make them easier to find later on. You can create your own list of items and follow only those that interest you.
From an auction page showing all lots included, you can click on the "Follow this lot" tab. This will then show that you are now following this lot.
To retrieve all of your followed lots, click on "My account" at the top of the site and then "My followed lots". This allows you to follow the progress of these lots only.
If you win a lot, it is automatically added to a list that can be viewed from your user account.
To retrieve all the lots you have won, click on "My account" at the top of the site and then "My winning bids". This allows you to follow the progress of these lots only.
This list is only available once the bidding time has ended.
You can create custom alerts to be notified if a lot that meets your criteria is added to an auction on the site.
To create an alert, click on "My account" at the top of the site and then "Create an alert".
Enter the terms you are interested in (e.g., ring, gold, burgundy, lamp, etc.). The system will send a message to your email address as soon as an item with this term is added to the site.
You can delete or modify this alert at any time by clicking on it.
You can modify the data you saved during your registration on the site, such as your email address, password, contact details, etc.
To modify your data, click on "My account" at the top of the site and then "Modify my data".
Select the data you want to modify and then confirm your changes.